Is the silent aim client sided only?

flaow

So I'm using the silent aim feature of the aimbot with very low fov to make it look quite legit and I'm wondering if the silent aim is client sided only and if it is, what do overwatch and spectators see?

If it is really low FOV it will not snap for spectators or OW demos. Pretty sure Sen merged pSilent and Silent into one option a while back. You can test your settings if it's snapping by recording a POV demo in aim_botz, use the command "record test" to start a recording, shot some noob bots, use the command "stop" to end the recording and then use the command "play test" to view it back.

When testing, it's good practice to shot a variety of enemies from multiple distances especially when FOV selection mode is set to 3D, and turn off silent aim before reviewing the demo. Also, don't use RCS with silent aim, with satan5' RCS it can cause problems sometimes.

Edited by Finn
  • Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 6:06 AM, Finn said:

If it is really low FOV it will not snap for spectators or OW demos. Pretty sure Sen merged pSilent and Silent into one option a while back. You can test your settings if it's snapping by recording a POV demo in aim_botz, use the command "record test" to start a recording, shot some noob bots, use the command "stop" to end the recording and then use the command "play test" to view it back.

When testing, it's good practice to shot a variety of enemies from multiple distances especially when FOV selection mode is set to 3D, and turn off silent aim before reviewing the demo. Also, don't use RCS with silent aim, with satan5' RCS it can cause problems sometimes.

Wow I did not know that it was an issue use both, my RCS looks normal compared to other players using the same weapon.  I do notice with both on the aimbot doesn't snap at all. Which for me is better, but I do some issues of the aimbot not working at all, which to me works best so that it can't been seen and reported.